Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to Baseball Moguls. This is a blog that my friend Gelbs and I decided to start due to the fact that recently we have both become enamored with the reading of blogs in general, and many specifically about baseball and also due the to the fact that we both are obsessed with the Grand Ol' Game. I will let my comrade speak for himself but I am currently a junior at the University of Vermont and although not a native Vermonter (I was born in NYC), I have lived here for most of my life. I am a huge baseball fan and played it all year round until only quite recently when the rigors of the academic world took over. That of course did nothing to temper my love of the game. It was only during this summer when I became very interested in what other people had to say about baseball on blogs and I always wondered if I could write one myself. But of course I wasn't completely interested in setting it up, so I was just resigned to continue to read what other people had to say. It was Gelbs who suggested it and after a couple of days struggling with what the title should be, we finally launched this sucker (and by we, I mean he, cause I did nothing).

My idea of this blog is simply that I envision it as a forum where Gelbs and I put forth our opinions on baseball and where people can certainly come in and comment. I'm not expecting a tremendous following, especially at the beginning, but after becoming a huge fan of blogs like FireJoeMorgan, per se, I'm hoping maybe one day this thing can really get going. I'll be completely honest though: I am a huge Yankee fan. I consider my religion Yankeeism and that just means that there will be a bias towards the Bronx Bombers. But this is not designed to be just about the Yankees, I feel like I know much about the entire league and I feel as though i'm willing to give credit where credit is due.

I hope this first post is one of many and I hope my fellow baseball fan extraordinaire, Mr. Gelbs can put his first post up and we can move from there.

So welcome to Baseball Moguls. A cleverly thought out name that both reflects our obvious expertise in the subject, and our Vermont roots and love of skiing. Very creative I think.

MMM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who these guys? They write like they are the cockiest and most ignorant bloggers in the history of the web.

M. Michaud said...

Huh? where did you get that from? Please point out my cockiness and ignorance.....